The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
We have established a security room at our shows to ensure effective communication and response.
Play/Ground has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind.
Everyone attending the Show should be aware of the following security measures:
- Security will be onsite at all times to assist you during all aspects of the Show
- Everyone must wear their Show badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, attendees, guests (speakers, talent, artists), professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- A fully operational security team following our vetted procedures is in place at the Show
- Bag checks may occur at the Show
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be used at the Show
- Any CCTV in operation at the Show is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and undercover security may be in attendance at the Show
- Uniformed and undercover Police may be in attendance at the Show
- Canine Security and Detection may be used in or around the Show
Everyone attending is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Show staff or security immediately
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of Show staff and security at all times
- Properly dispose of your Show badge inside the venue or keep it as a souvenir – please do not sell it to scalpers or throw it away in trash cans outside the venue where it could be picked up
- Carry a valid form of photo ID at all times
Play/Ground has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or nonconsensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of panels, signings, and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
- hate symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- national origin
- gender identity
- gender presentation
- sexual orientation
- body size
Hate symbols are not permitted at Play/Ground. Whether a behavior violates this policy shall be determined by POPSUGAR and/or Reed Exhibitions in its or their sole discretion.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Play/Ground staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from Play/Ground with no refund. This policy applies to EVERYONE at Play/Ground. Exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, crew, and security are all subject to the Play/Ground Anti-Harassment Policy.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone's behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact Play/Ground staff, the security team, or a crew member. You may also come to Play/Ground 's Show Office or report the incident via the Play/Ground App.
If necessary, Play/Ground staff will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of Play/Ground.